Sunday, March 28, 2010

Falling in Love with My Husband

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face and an empty pillow next to me. My husband has been gone for 2 weeks on business yet he is still in my dreams.

I had dreams of our first date. The restaurant we went to, what I ordered, how I had a few beers and never actually ate anything. His smile, and the nerves I felt when talking to him. When he walked me to the car how I couldn't wait to kiss him and stuck my foot in my mouth and asked him to kiss me, so I could stop being so nervous. I had had a crush on him for a few months at that time and felt like it took forever to go on a date with him.

It makes me smile to think after we left the restaurant he followed me to a park by my house. We sat on a picnic table talking and making out. I was 24 at the time. I don't know how much time we were there but we got busted by the cops for being in the park after dark. What a way to end the best night so far in my life.

I remember so much about how nervous I was, how much I liked him, how cute his eyes, lips and smile were. He made me feel like I never had before. The day I met him, he gave me this smirk, something he later admitting not even knowing he was doing, but the smirk melted my heart.

Everyday I see his face in pictures, or hear his voice it all comes back. I miss him so much when he is gone and I only hope I feel like this forever. I fell in love with him and my heart new he was the one before my mind knew it.

When I woke up this morning my mind was on his face and I my heart was filled with those memories of our first date. Then I thought about how if I would have known I would be married to him, and having our second child together how much more excited I would have been that day that started my heart a flutter. I don't think I could have been anymore nervous, so I am glad I didn't know. But I am also glad I waited for the man of "my dreams".

I love you Andrew, you have my heart and I am so glad to be having your children. You are a great husband, dad, man and person! Your family misses you and can't wait until you come home.

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, even being in another country I still like he is by my side at night because my heart is filled with his love.

It was a great way to wake up this morning, and can't wait to go to sleep tonight to see him in my dreams. Then by the end of the week he will be in my arms again.

No comments:

Post a Comment